Friday, May 11, 2012

The Welcome Center.





Here are a few shots of the Welcome Center. There are a few more things that need doing yet before I can truly call it finished. It is BalsaFoam with cast resin parts of my own manufacture except for the St. Christopher figure. That is a commercial dollhouse part. It sits atop a cliff made from torn foam rubber. The stones are hand carved and the finish is stucco ( Spackling Paste). The doors are styrene built-up with cast bolt details applied. The roofing sheets are my own Spanish Tile resin castings. The window bars are cut from dollhouse gate sections and all else is pretty much carved from foam to be really light-weight. The patio tiles are styrene chips painted to look like tiles and grouted with Spackle. The steps are chips of foam coated in Spackle to represent stone and the palms are hand made.

4 comments:

  1. Well it seems my "regular" computer did NOT want me to publish comments to this blog. No way, no how. So now I'm using my laptop and everything is hunky-dory. Go figure.

    So Tom: Everything I see is just excellent. I did have one question: what is the applied detail on the wall above the entry door? Above the shed roof area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, Tom. Love the rock work! When are we gonna paint?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Don! I need to fabricate the base yet. Still toying with the design and materials. And then of course, time...

    I do want to get this going sometime in the summer months. The base comes first and then the grade for the rails. Once that is in and the track down, the rocks can start to be filled in.

    ReplyDelete